Sunday, 3 April 2016

Fazeley to Fradley

We decided on a walk into Tamworth on this visit, the last couple of times we've past through Fazeley we hadn't ventured into the town. We walked along the river which was running fast, then under the dual carriageway bridge, murals have now been painted and it really has brightened it up, I do hope the graffiti stays away. The castle and gardens were looking lovely as usual along with the rest of the parkland and was certainly being enjoyed by a lot of people. The town itself hasn't changed although we did notice there are a good few empty units in the Anker Shopping Centre now.

As we were conveniently moored opposite the CRT office at Peel's Wharf we asked them if it was ok to arrange a delivery there, James needed some more supplies for The Pen Maker's Boat. So with the order being despatched the same day it arrived the following day, we popped across to collect it and was surprised it had been opened, apparently it was opened in error as they thought it was for some there with the same surname, even though it had our boat name straight after the surname! Never mind it was complete and saved us having to use the Post Restante service at the Post Office, which is usually very good but we have had a problem with one in the past so it puts us off using ones we haven't used before.

Whilst James was getting on with pen making I managed to get a few outside jobs done, we had a lovely sunny day on Thursday so I managed to get quite a bit done.

Thursday evening we went to our favourite Indian restaurant, Kudos, and they didn't disappoint, it was delicious but the portions were huge and believe it or not we couldn't manage it all, we came home with a 'doggy bag' - not for Dudley though.

Very flooded, on one of my evening strolls with Dudley

River Tame with a very fast flow
Yesterday our intention was an early start but it was raining and windy so we put it off for a few hours, that few hours turned into a few more and we finally headed off around 2pm in the lovely sun.

hmmm, which side to moor, do we want to stay 48 hours or 2 days - such a decision

Swans nesting

Approaching Huddlesford Junction

Leading up to Ogley Junction on the Wryley and Essington when the restoration happens
We reached Fradley just after 6pm, I had walked some of the way with Dudley then took over steering whilst James went and prepared dinner so it was ready as soon as we arrived. The moorings before the junction were full so we just tagged on the end  but it was a bit shallow at the sides, never mind we were only staying overnight.

10.5 miles and 0 locks

TOTAL 102.5 miles and 123 locks

No comments:

Post a Comment